HBO Episodes

Episode 133 with Jeff Mayweather, Tyson Fury, and Dereck Chisora
Executive summaries about Boxing Episodes by : Geoffrey Ciani
This week’s 133rd edition of On the Ropes Boxing Radio (brought to you by CWH Promotions) features special guests Jeff Mayweather, Tyson Fury, and Dereck Chisora. Join me Jenna J, the Hostess, along with my amazing Producer and Co-Host Geoffrey Ciani, along with Correspondent heavyweight contender Chauncy Welliver.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION :
• Paul Williams controversial majority decision victory over Erislandy Lara
• Carlos Molina’s one-sided upset win against Kermit Cintron
• Brandon Rios’ dominating performance stopping Umberto Antillon in 3 rounds
• Lucian Bute’s 4th round KO win over Jean Paul Mendy setting up a yearend matchup with former middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik
• Jesus Gonzalez winning a 12 round slugfest with Francisco Sierra
• Chris Arreola’s tougher than expected win over Friday Ahsuna over 10 rounds – Is Wladimir Klitschko next for Arreola?

Sergio Martinez: “I never said hey Mayweather, hey Pacquiao, come up to 160 pounds. I’m hoping to do a catch weight.
Martinez spoke about his upcoming fight and also shared opinions on various other topics pertaining to the currentboxing landscape, including Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather Junior, Paul Williams, the Super Six, and more!
JENNA : We are joined by Sergio Martinez.
SERGIO MARTINEZ : Hello!
JENNA : I’m doing very well Sergio.
MARTINEZ : Every English fighter I ever fought, and he’s a very typical of British fighters, they’re tough fighters! I believe that will be the same case for this fight.
JENNA : Okay now Sergio, this opponent was chosen because others would not meet you in the ring, Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Junior.
MARTINEZ : It’s a shame. I need to keep fighting and I need to keep fighting the best and in due time, these rivals have to fight me!
JENNA : Great!
CIANI : Thank you. I hope they fight me first. Let’s do a catch weight or let’s fight at 154 pounds for a 154 pound title. Back to your upcoming fight against Darren Barker, you’ve scored two impressive stoppage victories in your last two fights against guys who had never previously been stopped.
MARTINEZ : First of all my plan is to fight a very intelligent fight, and if the knockout comes up and the knockout’s available, then I’m definitely going to take advantage of that and knock him out.
CIANI : What do you think your biggest advantage is going into this fight?
JENNA : Alright now Sergio, to most people’s accounts you haven’t really lost a fight since you lost to Antonio Margarito earlier in your career.
MARTINEZ : Well I fought a very close fight against Paul Williams. You know everybody saw that fight and I saw the same fight and I feel the same way as everybody feels. Yes, he did lose that fight. I believe 110% in the WBC. Hopefully if this fight happens he shows up, and he doesn’t no-show me. You know history shows all my rivals that I’ve fought haven’t been the same, you know from Bunema, Kermit Cintron, Paul Williams.
JENNA : Sergio from what you’re saying some fans might actually get the impression that you’re underestimating Darren Barker.
MARTINEZ : I never underestimate any of my fighters. I take all my fighters very seriously and all my fights. I’m ranked number two pound-for-pound in the world, and my job is to continue to become the best and to have a great fight for my fans. Yeah that’s definitely a possibility.
JENNA : Okay now you mentioned Mayweather’s opponent Victor Ortiz.
MARTINEZ : Yeah Ortiz has the ability to make a great fight, but I believe Mayweather will win the fight with ease and he’ll be victorious.
JENNA : Well I have just two more questions. With the fight with Darren Barker I want to get your official prediction. It’s going to be a great fight. It’s going to be one of my best fights, so thank you. Alright well Sergio it’s been a pleasure having you on the show yet again.
MARTINEZ : Likewise, thank you very much.
CIANI : Thanks Sergio!
MARTINEZ : Thank you very much.

Another interesting article for you : Boxing Workout, Boxing DVD, Boxing Trunks